How do I better my chances of getting accepted?
Want to know the inside track to gaining acceptance to one of our Allied Health Professions programs? Here are a few inside tips!
- Set and write down your personal, professional and academic short and long-term goals.
- Research your career options online. The Bureau of Labor and Statistics is a great website to begin your search.
- Visit our campus, attend one of our open houses or information sessions, call and ask questions, or schedule an advising appointment; we would love to talk to you about your educational goals.
- If you have difficulty finding a required prerequisite class, contact us.
- Study smart and successfully complete any remaining prerequisites or requirements and achieve the highest grades possible. Remember grades of C- or below do not transfer for credit. LLU will recognize the last grade of repeated courses.
- We recommend students gain as much experience in their chosen professional as possible by observing or shadowing professionals in their chosen profession. Some of our programs have required hours as part of their admissions process. Professional exposure and experiences benefit the student and can help sodify career choices.
Please note: Some healthcare facilities may only grant limited hours per prospective student and may require a training or orientation. Prospective students are encouraged to seek experience from multiple facilities by contacting them and inquiring about their availability to mentor prospective students.
- Submit and complete your application EARLY in the enrollment process to better your chances of being accepted. We have several programs that fill their classes with completed qualified applicants early on. Waiting till the deadline will decrease your chances of getting accepted into these popular programs.
- Keep track of who you speak with when contacting our school. This will help us better serve you in the future.
- Start a personal file and make personal copies of admissions elements before you submit them. Print out a copy of your application.
- Keep in contact with the desired department regarding your admission status.
- Submit final college transcript requests early from your transferring school so that they can be forwarded to us when they are ready.
Transcript request form
- If you are applying through an external application service, (CASPA, PTCAS) wait for instructions from LLU before sending your additional set of transcripts.
- Remember not to send your own college transcripts or hand deliver them. They will not be accepted as official and you will be asked to have another copy sent. Request that your transcripts be sent directly from your previous institution(s).
- When completing your application online, write down your login LLU Login ID and PIN for future use.
- Check your application status online by logging in with your LLU Login ID and PIN.
- Processing applications take several weeks to complete once you have submitted your online application and fee. International student applications may take longer.
- If you have applied and have made some life changes that will alter your educational plans, please notify Allied Health admissions of any of the following: name, address, email, phone, projected coursework, current course changes, deferred acceptance, and declined offers of acceptance.
- International students must use an LLU-approved transcript evaluation service and have their evaluations sent directly to LLU. See the international student page for the latest information.
- International students are encouraged to begin their transcript evaluation process before applying by sending their transcripts to a LLU approved evaluation center. This process may take several weeks or months.
- When sending or requesting information, please include your full name, contact email, and program of interest.
- Secure funding for your education early. Apply for financial aid early even if you have not received an acceptance. Financial aid.
- Check with the department directly for the latest tuition information.
- We recommend students search online for scholarships pertaining to your chosen profession.
- Remember when applying, deposits and admissions fees are nonrefundable.
- In order to to attend LLU, you must send in the required deposit to ensure your acceptance is final.