2015 School of Allied Health Professions Graduation Information
June 12-14, 2015
Schedule of Events
Friday Evening- June 12th
Focus on Graduates Vesper Service
Loma Linda University Church
For graduates, friends and families are invited to attend.
This service is open to all religious faiths.
Dress: Casual Church
Saturday Morning- June 13th
Baccalaureate Church Service
9:00 am (Allied Health First service only)
For graduates, friends and families are invited to attend. This service is open to all religious faiths.
Loma Linda University Church.
If graduates need help gowning, please arrive at 8:00 am.
Sunday Morning June 14th
Two ceremonies are conducted for the School of Allied Health Professions to provide ample space for family and friends. No passes or tickets required for entry. There are multiple graduation ceremonies scheduled all day at the Drayson Center.
Commencement Times for 2015
8:00 am Conferring for Allied Health Professions Degrees
10:30 am Conferring of Degrees for Physical Therapy Programs
SAHP graduates please plan to arrive early and as instructed. SAHP Staff members will be available to help you with your regalia. We do provide velcro and bobby pins.
The ceremonies take place in the Drayson Center on the campus of Loma Linda University.
There may be additional program specific ceremonies scheduled such as pinnings and dedications for families and friends of our graduates. Graduates will be notified of these events or contact the departments for more information.
- Loma Linda University Commencement Website
- Parking and Shuttle
- Ordering graduation invitations info Graduation invitations can be ordered through Jostens@ www.jostens.com.
- DVDs of the graduation ceremony as well as portraits of each graduate are taken by the University. Commencement ceremonies may be viewed online and then downloaded to your personal computer. Be sure that your department secretary has a forwarding address.
- Regalia (caps, gowns, hoods, and tassels) may be picked up one week before commencement in your respective departments. Contact your department secretary for further information when gowns will be ready.
- If you are graduating with honors, you will need to pick up your cords from your department. Contact your department if you have further questions.
- Please open all of your graduation regalia packets ahead of time and put the gown in the dryer on a low setting to remove wrinkles. If ironing, use low setting in order not to burn or scorch your gown. Please make sure you bring all regalia with you to your ceremony.
- SAHP staff will be available before the ceremony to help graduates help with gowning. Hair pins, velcro, and safety pins are provided. Be sure you bring with you ALL regalia including your black gown, tassel, hat, and colored hood.
- Regalia is provided as part of your student fees. Refunds cannot be granted for no-shows.
- Plan to bring only what you intend on carrying up front with you. Personal belongings should be given to family members for safe keeping before you enter the gowning area.
Tips for family and friends
- Graduation wouldn't be as special without family and friends in attendance. The School of Allied Health Professions holds two graduations in order to accommodate your friends and family. Seating is open and on a first come first served basis
- Please note: There are other graduations after each commencement ceremony. Spectators who arrive early may be asked to wait outside until the previous ceremony is completed.
- Up close parking is limited to Drayson Center for the SAHP graduation ceremonies. A handicapped parking lot is available. Your handicap placard must be displayed to park in the lot. There are several graduations that are back to back in Drayson Center. Drop off and shuttle service to other local lots is available at the Drayson Center.
- There are additional ceremonies following the PT graduation. Graduates and families are encouraged to mingle outside of the auditorium (pool area) afterward for photos and congratulations.
- Flowers and leis are special tokens of a graduates accomplishments and are welcomed at our ceremonies.
- Since graduation is a solemn occasion the use of loud noise makers including air horns and megaphones are not allowed. This can be disturbing to some in an indoor setting.
- Local area restaurants and hotels may be busy or booked to capacity for this weekend. Make reservations or call ahead of time.
- You may experience traffic delays around town and especially around Drayson Center.
- Loma Linda University prohibits the use of alcoholic beverages and tobacco on its campus.
- Each ceremony is Live streamed which may be viewed or downloaded during the ceremony.
Can't make it to Graduation?
Contact us if you have questions regarding the SAHP graduation experience.