2013 School of Allied Health Professions Graduation Information
School of Allied Health Graduation Activities
June 14-16, 2013
Schedule of Events
Friday Night- June 14th
Focus on Graduates Vesper Service
Loma Linda University Church
Graduates and their friends and families are invited.
Dress: Casual Church
Saturday Morning- June 15th
Baccalaureate Church Service
9:00 am (SAHP & SPH Schools)
11:00 am (all other LLU Schools)
Graduates, friends, and families are invited.
Loma Linda University Church.
If graduates need help gowning, please arrive at 8:30 am.
Sunday Afternoon June 16th
Two ceremonies are conducted for the School of Allied Health Professions to provide ample space for family and friends. There is no set limit on number of guests or passes required for entry.
3:30 p.m. Conferring of Degrees for Physical Therapy Programs
PT Graduates please plan to arrive at 2:00 pm
6:00 p.m. Conferring for all other Allied Health Professions Degrees
SAHP Graduates please plan to arrive at 4:00 pm
The ceremonies take place in the Drayson Center on the campus of Loma Linda University.
Loma Linda University Graduation Website
- Parking and Shuttle
- SAHP Graduation Graduate Instructions (PDF File)
- Physical Therapy Graduation Graduate Instructions (PDF File)
- Ordering graduation invitations info Graduation invitations can be ordered through Jostens at www.jostens.com.
- DVDs of the graduation ceremony as well as portraits of each graduate are taken by the University. DVDs and photos are free for each graduate. Be sure that your department secretary has a forwarding address so that we may send these to you.
- Regalia (caps, gowns, hoods, and tassels) may be picked up one week before commencement in your respective departments. Contact your department secretary for further information when gowns will be ready.
- If you are graduating with honors, you will need to pick up your cords in the student records office. You will need to show a photo ID such as a driver's license. Contact your department if you have further questions.
- You may want to open your graduation regalia packet ahead of time and put the gown in the dryer on a low setting to remove wrinkles. If ironing, use low setting in order not to burn or scorch your gown. Make sure it has your name and right degree on the sticker when you pick it up.
- SAHP staff will be available before the ceremony to help graduates get ready. Hair pins, velcro, and safety pins are provided. Be sure you bring with you your black gown, tassel, hat, and colored hood.
- Please be on time. This is the last opportunity to take class pictures and to mingle with all your classmates.
- Regalia is provided as part of your student fees. Refunds cannot be granted for no-shows. If you do not participate in graduation your regalia will be forwarded to your last address on file. Contact your department secretary for more information.
- Plan to bring only on what you intend on carrying up front with you. You will be moving across the front and may not return to the same seat. Personal belongings should be given to family members for safe keeping before you enter the gowning area.
Tips for family and friends
- Graduation wouldn't be as special without family and friends in attendance. The School of Allied Health Professions holds two graduations in order to accommodate all friends and family. Seating is open and on a first come first served basis
- (Please note: There are other graduations before and after each ceremony. Spectators who arrive early may be asked to wait outside until the previous ceremony is completed.
- Up close parking is limited to Drayson Center for the SAHP graduation ceremonies. There are several graduations that are back to back in Drayson Center. Drop off and shuttle service to other local lots is available at the Drayson Center.
- Drayson Center can be warm inside during the ceremonies. Water bottles are allowed inside for hydration.
- There are ceremonies following both SAHP graduations. Graduates and families are encouraged to mingle outside of the auditorium (pool area) afterward for pictures and congratulations.
- Flowers and leis are special tokens of a graduates accomplishments and are welcomed at our ceremonies.
- Since graduation is a solemn occasion, please refrain from the use of loud noise makers such as air horns or megaphones. This can be disturbing to some in an indoor setting.
- Area restaurants and hotels may be busy or booked for this weekend. Make reservations or call ahead of time.
- There are several other graduations taking place in the area. You may experience traffic delays around town and especially around Drayson Center.
- Loma Linda University prohibits the use of alcoholic beverages and tobacco on its campus.
- Each ceremony is recorded and a copy is sent to each graduate.
- A photograph is taken of each graduate receiving their diploma and will be sent to each graduate.
Cant make it to Graduation in person?
Watch Graduation online
Contact us if you have questions regarding the SAHP graduation experience.