2013 News and Announcements
- SAHP graduation ceremonies June 14-16, 2013.
- Second Annual SAHP Interdisciplanary Mission Trip June 16-26. La Loma Luz Hospital in Santa Elena Belize.
- Haiti Mission Trip, June 23-July 3.
- Staff Departure Announcement: Barbara Parton, Cardiopulmonary Sciences
- Staff Transfer Announcement: Heather Hebron-Roybal, Cardiopulmonary Sciences to Physical Therapy
- School & Department Administration had a Leadership Retreat at the San Bernardino Garden Inn.
- Faculty Retirement Announcement: Dr Esther Huecker, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, Department of Occupational Therapy. Retiring after 20 years of service.
- Remodeling project begins in Nichol Hall.
- Staff Departure Announcement: Shirley Sing, SAHP Admissions.
- Remodeling project continues on the Rotunda in Nichol Hall. Administrative Office hours have been affected during the reconstruction.
- Physical Therapy Faculty and Staff to Haiti. September 9-16
- First Day of Fall Quarter- September 23
- New Faculty- Braden Tabisula, Assistant Professor, Health Information, Janine Benner, Assistant Professor, Communication Sciences, Darin Woolpert, Assistant Professor, Communication Sciences, Janelle Guerrero, Associate Professor, Cardiopulmonary Sciences, Traci Marin, Assistant Professor, Cardiopulmonary Sciences, Kyndra Pedrino, Assistant Professor, Nutrition, Stacey Cunningham, Assistant Professor, Occupational Therapy, Pamela Perez, Assistant Professor, Computing Research and Stats, Gayle Haider, Instructor, Clinical Laboratory Science, Kate Cockrill, Assistant Program Director, Radiation Technology.
- New Staff Angelica Brown & Alejandra Enriquez, Admissions, Sean Hearon, Adm Secretary, Cardiopulmonary Sciences, Yolanda Martinez, Administrative Secretary, Portfolio.
- Promotions- New Department Chair Elect- Debra Hamada, Health Informatics and Information Mgt,
Howard Sulzle & Larry Chinnock, Associate Chairs, Physical Therapy, Terri Rouse, Assistant Professor, Arezou Salamat, Assistant Professor, Occupational Therapy, Karen Mainess, Graduate Program Director, Communication Sciences, Diana Richie, Under graduate program assistant, Communication Sciences.
- Former Program Director for the CT and MRI programs Steve Leber, passed away October 7th in Redlands CA. His service included military honors since he proudly served in the US military.
- Professor Emeritus Kenneth I. Burke, PhD, RD passed away November 30 after a recent diagnosis of cancer. Dr Burke joined LLU nearly 40 years ago, teaching both in the Schools of Allied Health and Public Health. He was a sought after speaker in his field. His wit and encyclopedic knowledge of all things nutrition will be sorely missed by those in the Department of Nutrition and Dietetics. Memorial services are pending.
- Seniors from all SAHP programs were invited to participate in the 2nd Annual Hoodie Ceremony on December 3rd in Centenniel Complex. During the ceremony all seniors received a special LLU Hooded sweatshirt that they may wear proudly throughout the school year.
- Kathy Poss, SAHP Admissions administrative assistant retired after ten years of service.
- The Angel tree project is continuing at SAHP during the 2013 holiday season. Faculty & staff are encouraged to participate by donating or purchasing christmas presents for local children in need. Last year over 100 children received gifts from Allied Health.