Medical Sonography Program
Applicants must hold one of the following degrees before entering the program:
- Any associate's degree (Science area preferred)
- Any bachelor's degree
- Be a graduate of an accredited allied health program, including nursing (two-year, LVN, registered nurse)
In addition to the above required degrees, all candidates must complete the following additional course prerequisites:
- Anatomy and Physiology, two-part sequence with labs (AHCJ 250 and AHCJ 251 available at LLU as an evening class).
- Medical Terminology (can be taken as an online class at another accredited junior college)
- Intro to Physics
- College Algebra. Can have a higher level class, such as Calculus.
- Patient Care Methods (can be taken before entering the program at LLU the Summer prior to starting the program.)
- Complete 8 hours of observation (volunteer/employee) in a Sonography Department.
- CPR- Students are required to have a current Health Care Provider CPR Card offered by the American Heart Association upon admission into the program. Students must maintain certification for the entire length of the program. (available at LLU as a day class)
All prerequisites must be completed by June of the same year that you plan to start the program.
All Science courses must be completed in the last five years.
Anatomy and Physiology, and Physics courses are offered through the School of Allied Health Professions Basic Sciences department. CPR is offered through the Life Support Education department
All three tracks of Sonography begin in September of each year.