The Distance Learning Committee is charged to:
- Be the ear and voice for distance learning across campus.
- Develop, recommend and formalize distance learning policies with Academic Affairs. Follow through to make sure that approved recommendations are implemented.
- Develop and recommend distance learning section in the Administrative Handbook.
- Review proposals for distance education programs in conjunction with the Learning and Technology Committee.
- Guide (write a tool and/or WASC rubric) and participate in distance learning program review. Insure that distance learning students get the "Loma Linda University experience".
- Research and share best practices in distance learning:
- Innovative and effective instructional strategies