Voted (Feb. 2013)
The Student Learning Outcomes Committee's (SLOC) charge is to guide the development of University student learning outcome assessment framework and activities; to serve as a forum for student learning outcome assessment; and oversee and manage the SLO assessment University-wide. The SLOC reports to the Educational Effectiveness Committee. In fulfilling this charge we will:
- Serve as a forum with support for student learning outcome assessment:
- Work with the Office of Educational Effectiveness to oversee and manage the Loma Linda University-wide Student Learning Outcome assessment processes.
- Work with the Office of Educational Effectiveness to provide student learning outcomes workshops.
- Work with the Office of Educational Effectiveness to provide, maintain, and support SLO assessment on the OEE website for the University at large.
- Guide the development of University student learning outcome assessment framework and activities (aka "Institutional Learning Outcomes" or ILOs):
- Guide the development and oversight of SLOs University-wide.
- Implement four-year assessment cycle for University-wide SLOs.
- Review and modify SLO rubrics as needed to capture global elements for each SLO, allowing added contextualization by programs and schools.
- Facilitate the collection of SLO summative assessment data.
- Oversee and manage the collection and analysis of summative data.
- Write SLO assessment and accreditation reports.