|Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office: A Simple Approach|
|Date:||Sunday, May 19, 2013|
|Time:||Registration: 8:30 a.m.
Lecture: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
|Tuition||$175 DDS / $125 AUX|
|Location:||Loma Linda University School of Dentistry|
|Credit:||7 hours of CDE credit|
|Properly treating medical emergencies in the dental office need not be a complex topic. This course will provide a simple, basic approach for dealing with common medical emergencies occurring in the workplace. Designed for the entire dental team, the presentation will provide practical information mixed with stories and humor along the way. Topics will include office and staff preparation, as well as straightforward steps to take when dealing with specific medical emergencies. Recommendations for office emergency kits, including equipment and medications, will also be discussed.|
|At the end of the presentation participants should be able to:
• Describe techniques for preventing medical emergencies
• Discuss appropriate roles for staff members during a medical emergency
• Discuss the general procedures required for common medical emergencies
• Prepare a list of emergency medicines and equipment
• Review and/or prepare a dental office for treating medical emergenciesoutline
For more information email email@example.com or call (909) 558-4685.