Center for Dental Research
Biomaterials Research Laboratory
Photonics Applications and Biomaterials Laboratory
- Surface treatment, surface morphology, and ablation studies using infrared laser radiation.
- Cosmetic enhancement of enamel surfaces using laser induced changes in surface morphology.
- Measurement of physical, chemical, and mechanical properties of dental materials per ADA specification requirements.
- Wear and abrasion evaluation of dental materials and agents.
- Evaluation of sample surface characteristics (glossiness and roughness).
- Thermocycling and microleakage studies.
- Optically generated three-dimensional imaging of dental surfaces.
- Early detection of carious lesions using spectroscopic and fluorescence excitation.
- Integration of multiple imaging techniques to enhance standard x-ray imaging.