May 12, 2009
Dental CE credits at Global Conference in Geneva
The World Health Organization, in conjunction with the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, is sponsoring a Global Conference on Health and Lifestyle, July 6—11, 2009, in Geneva, Switzerland, that will offer 14 hours of dental continuing education on a variety of subjects.
Among others, topics and presenters will include:
- “Early Caries Diagnosis and Minimally Invasive Dentistry,” Brian B. Novy, DDS
- “Oral Medicine and Orofacial Pain,” Stanton S. Appleton, DDS, MPH, MSD, MAGD
- “Oral Health and Tobacco Use: #1 Public Health Dental Risk,” Linda Ferry, MD, MPH
- “Cutting Edge Endodontics: An update on the new and coming,” Robert Handysides, DDS
- “Challenges Facing Oral Health Services in Africa,” Ezekiel Dangwa Midamba, DMD, DDPH, MSD, MS
- “SDA Dental Mission—Where to Now?” Doyle Nick, DDS & Quint Nicola, DDS
- “Mobile Dental Units—An Answer to Developing World Questions,” Hector Manuel Hernandez Navarro, DDS
- “The World Wide Challenge of HIV/AIDS & Patient Management Issues for Dentists,” Thomas Rogers, DDS, MPH, MA
Because this conference is heavily subsidized by its sponsors, early registration is only $250 for all six days. After June 24, registration is $425.
Continuing education credits will be available for dentists, dietitians, nurses and physicians through Loma Linda University.
Three ways to register—
- online: http://www.healthlifestyleconf.com/node/3
- phone: 1 (800) 732-7587
- mail: PlusLine, 5040 Prescott Ave., Lincoln, NE 68506-5431