| back to top |
Dr. Alan S. Herford:
PEER REVIEWED ARTICLES
- Herford AS , Boyne PJ: Effects of configuration of surgical burs on osseointegration of dental implants: a pilot study. Implant Dent. 1994 Spring;3(1):47-50.
- Herford AS, Boyne PJ: A comparison of the effects of tobacco smoke and transdermal nicotine on alveolar bone growth in the rat. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod, 1997.
- Herford AS, Ellis E: Use of a locking reconstruction plate/screw system for mandibular surgery. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1998 Nov;56(11):1261-5.
- Herford AS, Stella JP: An algorithm for determining ideal location of interdental osteotomies in presurgical orthodontic treatment planning. Int J Adult Orthodon Orthognath Surg. 2000 Winter;15(4):299-304.
- Herford AS, Finn RA, Tharanon W, Sinn DP: Tension forces in relation to LeFort III osteotomies. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2000 Mar;11(2):197-202; discussion 203.
- Herford AS, Finn R: Single-stage CO(2) laser assisted for treatment of snoring and mild sleep apnea. J Maxillofac Surg. 2000 Aug;28(4):213-216.
- Herford AS, Audia F, Stucki-McCormick: Alveolar distraction osteogenesis and vector control. A preliminary report. Proceedings from the 3 rd International Congress on Cranial and Facial Bone Distraction Processes, Paris France, June 2001.
- Herford AS, Zide MF: Reconstruction of superficial skin cancer defects of the nose. Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2001 Jul;59(7):760-7.
- Herford AS, Reder P, Ducic Y: Multifocal desmoplastic fibromas of the mandible. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2001 Sep;59(9):1078-81.
- Ducic Y, Herford AS: The use of palatal island flaps as an adjunct to microvascular free tissue transfer for reconstruction of complex oromandibular defects. Laryngoscope. 2001 Sep;111(9):1666-9.
- Herford AS: Methods of restoring alveolar ridges prior to implant placement. Proceeding for the 58 th Annual Meeting of the American Institute of Oral Biology. Palm Springs, CA October 2001.
- Herford AS, Pulsipher DS, Sinn DP. Integration of the medical degree in Oral and Maxillofacial training: A ten year follow-up. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2001 Dec;59 (12):1471-6; discussion 1477-8.
- Boyne PJ, Herford AS. Use of New Advances in Distraction Osteogenesis of the Mandible. Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, Journal. Spring 2002 13(1):13-15.
- Potter JK, Herford AS, Ellis E 3 rd: Tracheotomy versus endotracheal intubation for airway management in deep neck space infections. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2002 Apr;60(4):349-54; discussion 354-5. Review.
- Herford AS: Integration of the medical degree in Oral and Maxillofacial training: A ten year follow-up. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2002 Jul;60 (7):844.
- Boyne PJ, Herford AS. Evaluation of a Special Collagen Implant Material as a Substitute for Free Mucosal or Skin Grafts in Oral Soft Tissue Surgery. Proceeding of the Am. Instit. of Oral Biology, pp. 103-109, Palm Springs, CA Oct, 2002.
- Herford AS, King BJ, Audia F: Medial approach for tibial bone graft: anatomic study and clinical techniques. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2003 Mar;61(3):358-63.
- Herford AS, Boyne PJ. Ankylosis of the jaw in a patient with fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Patho Oral Radio Endod. 2003 Dec;96(6):680-4.
- Herford AS. Utilizing distraction osteogenesis for regenerating missing tissues. Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, Journal. Winter 2004 Vol 15(1)11-13.
- Herford AS : Use of a plate guided distraction device for transport distraction osteogenesis of the mandible. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2004 62;(4):412_20.
- Herford AS : Early repair of avulsive facial wounds secondary to trauma using interpolation flaps. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2004 Aug;62(8):959_65.
- Boyne, PJ, Herford, AS. Distraction Osteogenesis of the Nasal and Antral Osseous Floor to Enhance Alveolar Height. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2004 Apr;62(4):412_20.
- Herford AS : Dorsal nasal reconstruction using bone harvested from the mandible. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2004 Sep;62(9):1082_7.
- Herford AS , Audia F. Maintaining Vector Control During Alveolar Distraction Osteogenesis: A Technical Note. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2004;19:758-762.
- Herford AS. A comparison of synovia fluid pressure after immediate vs gradual mandibular advancement in the miniature pig. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. Accepted
- Herford AS. Outcomes of Severely comminuted (Type III) Nasoorbitoethmoid Fractures. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. Accepted
- Herford AS , Tharanon W, Finn RA: The pterygopalatomaxillary region in relation to the LeFort I osteotomy. Selected Readings in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Vol.9,No.1, February 2001.
- Boyne, PJ, Herford AS: An algorithm for reconstruction of alveolar defects before implant placement. A chapter in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America 13(3)533-541, Saunders, August 2001.
- Herford AS : Reconstruction of alveolar defects prior to implant placement. Selected Reading in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Volume 11, Number 6, December 2003.
- Punjabi A, Herford AS: Mandible Fractures. Chapter, Marcell and Decker, Inc., February 2004.
- Herford AS , Ghali G: Local and Regional Flaps. Peterson?s Principles of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 2 nd Ed, BC Decker 2004.
- Herford AS , Ghali G: Soft Tissue injuries. Peterson?s Principles of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 2 nd Ed, BC Decker 2004.
| back to top |
Dr.Wayne K. Tanaka:
- "Critical Pathways: An Introduction for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons" 44th Annual Symposium, Society of Air Force Clinical Surgeons, Sacramento, CA, April 1997
- " Oral Surgery Techniques" Offutt Continuing Dental Education Symposium, Offutt AFB, NE, September 1996
- " Femoral Nerve Palsy: An Unusual Complication of Iliac Crest Bone Harvest" 43rd Annual Symposium, Society of Air Force Clinical Surgeons, San Antonio, TX, April 1996
- " Pitfalls in Oral Surgery " Offutt Continuing Dental Education Symposium, Offutt AFB, NE, September 1995
- " Negative Pressure Pulmonary Edema" 42nd Annual Symposium, Society of Air Force Clinical Surgeons, Dayton, OH, April 1995
Lecturer, Director, Nitrous Oxide Sedation Course, March AFB CA, July 1993
- " Nursing Care for Oral and Maxillofaical Surgery" Medical, Surgical, Pediatric Nursing Seminar, March AFB CA, February 1993
- " Pitfalls in Oral Surgery " First Annual March AFB Dental Symposium, March AFB CA, March 1992
- " Diagnosis of Maxillofacial Trauma" Tri-Service Dental Society Meeting, Tokyo, Japan, April 1990
- Lecturer, Clinician, Co-Director, Second Annual West Pac Tri-Service Dental Conference, Kadena AB, Japan, January 1990
- " Overview of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery" American Forces Dental Society Meeting, Torii Station, Japan, November 1989
- " Diagnosis of Facial Trauma" West-Pac Tri-Service Oral Diagnosis/Oral Medicine/Oral Pathology Conference, Kadena AB, Japan, January 1989
- " A Comparison of Particulate Allogenic and Autogenous Bone Grafts in Maxillary Alveolar Clefts in Dogs" 6th Annual Meeting, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Atlanta, Georgia, October, 1982
- " Amalgam Restoration of Endodontically Treated Posterior Teeth" 67th Annual Scientific Session, Arizona State Dental Association, Phoenix AZ, March 1977.
Department of oral and maxillofacial surgery
Loma Linda University School of Dentistry