|Zaida Cordero-MacIntyre, PhD|
|Associate Professor, Nutrition|
|School of Public Health|
|University Faculty Profile|
Dr. Cordero-MacIntyre's research interests are focused on obesity in post-menopausal women, diabetes in the Hispanic community, and measuring biochemical endpoints and body composition using Dual X-ray absorptiometry (DXA). Other research areas are validation of methods like Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) and skin folds to assess nutrition status and body composition in different Hispanic and African populations.
Dr. Cordero-MacIntyre has extensive experience in the field of clinical and community nutrition. In the field of clinical nutrition, she has managed the clinical nutrition services of a 600-bed tertiary care medical center. In the area of community nutrition, Dr. Cordero-MacIntyre has trained students to work with the underserved populations addressing the problems of obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.
1. Sozina Katuli, Zuhair Natto, Lawrence Beeson, Zaida Cordero-MacIntyre. Nutrition Status of Children in Rural and Urban Areas in Ecuador. Journal of Tropical Pediatrics. 2012.
2. Gina Wheeler, Lawrence Beeson, Susanne Montgomery, Khalid Bahjri, Eloy Schulz, Anthony Firek, Marino DeLeon.Zaida Cordero-MacIntyre.T he Effects of the “En Balance” Diabetes Education Program on Physical Activity and Diabetes Control. The Diabetes Educator. Sep-Oct;38(5):723-32. 2012 Sep 10, 2012.
3. Dina Fakhrawi, Carol Lammi-Keefe, Lawrence Beeson, Allan Darnell , Zaida Cordero-MacIntyre. Increased dietary dairy calcium combined with caloric restriction in overweight/obese postmenopausal women decreases body fat and total plasma cholesterol. International Journal of Body Composition Research. 11(1): 25-30. 2013.
4. Lawrence Beeson, Emmanuel Ojo, Ihuoma Chukwueke, , Eloy Shulz, Anthony Firek, Marino de Leon, Hector Balcazar, Zaida Cordero-MacIntyre. Association of bone mineral density (BMD), bone mineral content (BMC) and serum lipids in Hispanics with type 2 diabetes. International Journal of Body Composition Research 11- No. 3 & 4: 113–118. 2013.
5. Dina H. Fakhrawi , Carol J. Lammi-Keefe, W. Lawrence Beeson3, Allan Darnell, Anthony Firek. Zaida Cordero-MacIntyre. Effects of Dairy Calcium Supplementation on Adiposity Plasma Leptin and Glucose in Obese Postmenopausal Women. European Journal of Nutrition and Food Safety 6(1): 43-54, 2016.