Call us at: 909-558-1000
The logomark is a graphic symbol of our organization's purpose, values, and vision. It maximizes the strength of the brand by visually linking subgroups to each other and to the institution as a whole.
Using the organization's historical emblems in the logomark allows for rich symbolism that draws meaning from a variety of elements.
Staff of Aesculapius
The single-serpent ancient staff of Aesculapius, long associated with medicine—and part of our logo since the 1920s—symbolizes the combined services of all the healing arts and sciences.
A part of our logo since 1959, the lighted torch symbolizes the illuminating power of knowledge and the central role of the Holy Spirit in teaching and healing. It also references the institution's call to serve as a light to the world.
The branch to the right of the shield represents the laurel wreath, which signifies achievement and honor. Shown together, the oak and laurel branches form a wreath suggesting that the life-saving and life-enhancing work of the health sciences brings with it an obligation to act honorably, courageously, and selflessly.
This universal Christian symbol acknowledges the role of Jesus Christ as Savior and Redeemer.
Inscribed on the scroll below the shield is our motto, "To Make Man Whole."
The open book represents the Word of God—the source of the Christ-centered commission and the inspiration for all our humanitarian endeavors.
The branch to the left of the shield represents the civic wreath of oak leaves and acorns historically given to one who saved a life.