Loma Linda University Libraries research guide
Online sources are available at the Del Webb and Jesse Libraries. Print sources are available at Del Webb.
Allied Health resources
The book locations are given for the most current edition available in the library. Older editions of the book may be available in the Main Collection.
Unless otherwise indicated, the following sources are available through the databases button on the library's web page, <http://library.llu.edu/>.
- American Hospital Directory. Provides statistical data on key measures of hospital performance for over 6,000 hospitals in the United States.
- CINAHL. Index to journal articles, books and pamphlets, audiovisuals, dissertations, educational software, conference proceedings, and standards of practice in allied health fields. Includes abstracts, some full text.
- ERIC. Index to journal articles and unpublished research in education. Includes abstracts.
- Health Source Nursing/Academic Edition. Index to journal material in healthcare. Includes abstracts and electronic full text.
- PubMed. Indexes medical journals. Links to electronic full text.
- PsychInfo. Indexes journals in psychology. Some electronic full text.
Association web sites:
- Anatomy & physiology. QS 4 T427a Circulation Desk
- Bowes and Church's food values of portions commonly used. TX 551 B786 Reference Collection
- Clinical laboratory management. QY 23 N688c Circulating
- Current medical diagnosis & treatment. WB 141 C976 Reference Desk
- Encyclopedia & Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health. W 13 M647e Reference Collection & Circulation Desk
- Encyclopedia of Food Science and Nutrition. QU 13 E558 2003 Reference Collection
- Health professions career and education directory. W 22 AA1 D52 Reference Collection
- ICD-9-CM . WB 15 I161 2004 Reference Collection
- The Merck manual of diagnosis and therapy. WB 100 M555 Reference Desk
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. BF 76.7 A46 2001 Circulation Desk
- The MIT Encyclopedia of Communication Disorders. WL 13 M679 2004 Reference Collection
Selected library catalog subject headings:
Click on the links, or enter the headings in the library catalog at <http://catalog.llu.edu> to execute a subject search in the library catalog.
Please address your comments regarding the library pages to the web liaison, Del E. Webb Memorial Library, Loma Linda University, email@example.com.