My research interest is to understand the underlying cellular and molecular mechanisms that govern the response of tumor cells/tissues to molecular targeted therapies used in combination with chemotherapy or radiation therapy in cancers and especially squamaous carcinoma cell of head and neck.
1. Whitney JB, Mirshahidi S, Lim SY, Goins L, Ibegbu C, Anderson DC, Raybourne RB, Frankel FR, Judy Lieberman J., Ruprecht RM. Prior exposure to an attenuated Listeria vaccine does not reduce immunogenicity: pre-clinical assessment of the efficacy of a Listeria vaccine in the induction of immune responses against HIV. J Immune Based Ther Vaccines. 2011 Jan 18;9:2.
2. Sciaranghella G, Lakhashe SK, Ayash-Rashkovsky M, Mirshahidi S, Siddappa NB, Novembre FJ, Velu V, Amara RR, Zhou C, Li S, Li Z, Frankel FR, Ruprecht RM. A live attenuated Listeria monocytogenes vaccine vector expressing SIV Gag is safe and immunogenic in macaques and can be administered repeatedly. Vaccine. 2011 Jan 10;29(3):476-86.
3. Sadegh-Nasseri S, Dalai SK, Korb Ferris LC, Mirshahidi S. Suboptimal engagement of the T-cell receptor by a variety of peptide-MHC ligands triggers T-cell anergy. Immunology. 2010 Jan;129(1):1-7.
4. Mirshahidi S, Kramer VG, Whitney JB, Dranoff G, Anderson KS, Ruprecht RM. Overlapping synthetic peptides encoding TPD52 as breast cancer vaccine in mice: Prolonged survival. Vaccine. 2009; 13;27(12):1825-33.
5. Popov S, Mirshahidi S, Essono S, Song R, Wang X, and Ruprecht RM. Generation of recombinant vaccinia viruses via green fluorescent protein selection. DNA and Cell Biol. 2009; 28(3): 103-108.
6. Dalai S, Mirshahidi S, Morrot A, Zavada F, Sadegh-Nasseri S. Anergy in Memory CD4+ T Cells is induced by B cells. J Immunol. 2008; Sep 1;181(5):3221-31.
7. Chou C-L, Mirshahidi S, Khoruzhenko S, Sadegh-Nasseri S. Short Peptide Sequences Mimic HLA-DM Functions. Molecular Immunology 2008; 45(7):1935-43.
8. Song RJ, Chenine A-L, Rasmussen RA, Ruprecht CR, Mirshahidi S, Grisson RD, Xu W, Whitney JB, Goins LM, Ong H, Li P-L, Shai-Kobiler E, Wang T, Mc Cann CM, Zhang H, Wood C, Kankasa C, Secor WE, McClure HM, Strobert E, Else JG, Ruprecht RM. Molecularly cloned SHIV-1157pd3N4: a highly replication competent, mucosally transmissible R5 simian-human-immunodeficiency virus encoding HIV clade C env. J Virol. 2006; 80:8729-38.
9. Jiang S, Song R, Popov S, Mirshahidi S, Ruprecht RM. Overlapping synthetic peptides as vaccines. Vaccine. 2006; 24:6356-65.
10. Canseven AG, Seyhan N, Mirshahidi S, Limir T. Suppression of natural killer cell activity on Candida stellatoidea by a 50 Hz magnetic field. Electromagn Biol Med. 2006; 25:79-85.
11. Mirshahidi S, Korb-Ferris LC, Sadegh-Nasseri S. The magnitude of TCR engagement is a critical predictor of T cell anergy or activation. J Immunol. 2004; 172:5346-55.
12. Mirshahidi S, Haung CT, Sadegh-Nasseri S. Anergy in peripheral memory CD4+ T cells induced by low avidity engagement of T cell receptor. J Exp Med 2001; 194:719-31.
13. Korb LC, Mirshahidi S, Ramyar K, Sadighi Akha AA, Sadegh-Nasseri S. Induction of T cell anergy by low numbers of agonist ligands. J Immunol. 1999; 162:6401-9.
14. Yucesoy B, Mirshahidi S, Yucesoy C, Karakaya A. In vitro effects of various metals on natural killer cell activity in cultured human lymphocytes. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 1999; 21:599-607.
15. Mirshahidi S, Turhan A, Piskin AK, Imir T. Effects of some antigenic fraction of Leishmania major on nitric oxide production and IL-12 secretion by murine peritoneal macrophages. Immunol Lett. 1998; 60:189-92.
16. Canseven AG, Seyhan N, Mirshahidi S, Turhan A, Iimir T. Inhibition of natural killer (NK) cell activity by ELF magnetic fields. Med Biol Eng Comput. 1997; 35:44.
17. Yucesoy B, Turhan A, Mirshahidi S, Ure M, Imir T, Karakaya A. Effects of high-level exposure to lead on NK cell activity and T-lymphocyte functions in workers. Human Exp Toxicol 1997; 16:311-4.
18. Turhan A, Mirshahidi S, Piskin AK, Citak B, Imir T. Effects of crude antigenic fraction of Leishmania major on natural killer cell cytotoxicity, IFN-gamma and IL-4 secretion from peripheric blood lymphocytes of unexposed individuals. Immunol Lett. 1997; 55:115-8.
19. Koz M, Ersoz G, Mirshahidi S, Celen S, Imir T, Babul A. Effect of exercise training on natural killer cells cytotoxic activity (NKCA) in girl basketball players. Turkish Clin J Med Sci. 1996; 16:267-71.