LLUAHSC hosts all-star baseball appreciation evening
Those attending the LLUAHSC all-star employee appreciation night could pose for a photo with the Children�s Hospital new mascot, a lion named Luke.
To thank employees, the administrators of Loma Linda University Adventist Health Sciences Center hosted the all-star employee appreciation night at Arrowhead Credit Union Park on Tuesday, August 10.
The annual event provides an evening of fun and giveaways for employees, volunteers, students, and their families.
Individuals were given tickets to a game of the Inland Empire 66ers baseball team.
Greeted at the door by Loma Linda University Adventist Health Sciences Center representatives, game-goers were given a commemorative fan celebrating the institution’s 100-year anniversary next year.
Kids could also have pictures taken with the Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital’s newest mascot, a lion named Luke.
Throughout the baseball game, employee names were drawn for prizes, ra
Maria Valverde (left), LLU advancement; and Elvia Phan, LLUMC advancement, pose for a photo at the baseball game. Later in the evening, Ms. Phan�s name was drawn as the winner for the trip for two to Cancun.
nging from restaurant gift certificates, to a cruise for two on the Mexican Rivera.
All-star appreciation day winners
• Jolene Ayers, nutritional services—cruise for two to the Mexican Riviera
• Elvia Phan, advancement—trip for two to Cancun
• Magda Lavergne, School of Dentistry—cruise for two to Baja
• Beth Campbell, BMC—Disney Resort stay for four
• Ana Vetsch, volunteer services —Sharp 32” flat-screen TV
• Steve Balboa, nutritional services—$500 Tyler Mall gift certificate
• Lupe Fraire, IHI—$500 Target shopping spree
• Ryan Johnson, OR—portable DVD player
• Nelly Orozco, Victorville VA Clinic—digital camcorder
• Martha Villegas, BMC—$400 Costco shopping spree
• Rick Danforth, purchasing—men’s and women’s watches
• Dusti Roberts, OR—Macaroni Grill gift certificate
• Carol Carr, health information management—Mission Inn brunch for two