The Loma Linda University School of Nursing Alumni Association (LLUSNAA) was founded in 1922.
Two alumni associations existed. One for each school, the Loma Linda Sanitarium and Hospital School of Nursing and White Memorial Hospital School of Nursing. In 1924, the College of Medical Evangelists incorporated both schools under its leadership but continued to operate the two schools as separate entities.
It was not until 1949 that these schools were united and one Alumni Association was organized. The objectives of the association are:
Homecoming Weekend is scheduled in the spring annually. This tradition includes class reunions organized by individual classes and recognizes the anniversary classes.
The silver (25 years) anniversary class presents the Sabbath School program in the University Church sanctuary; the golden (50 years) anniversary class participates in both early and 11:00 services; a banquet (dinner) on Saturday night; and the Alumni Institute.
The banquet (dinner) is a time for celebrating one another, recognizing alumni’s meritorious contributions to the profession, volunteers to the HOT Second-hand Store and outstanding students. In addition, honored classes may make gifts to the School of Nursing for projects they choose to support.Publications
Since 1991, Loma Linda Nurse magazine, a collaborative effort of the School of Nursing and the Alumni Association, is published biannually. Its forerunners were Near and Far and The Link. A directory is published periodically.Projects