The purpose of Sigma Theta Tau International is to:
1. Recognize superior achievement.
2. Recognize the development of leadership qualities
. 3. Foster high professional standards.
4. Encourage creative work.
5. Strengthen commitment to the ideals and purposes of the profession of nursing.
Those qualified to apply are:
1. Legally recognized to practice nursing in his/her country.
2. Minimum of a baccalaureate degree or the equivalent in any field.
3. Demonstrated achievement in nursing (see this site for examples)
The procedures for application are:
1. Type the application.
2. Submit current Curriculum Vitae (CV).
3. List two references on the application form, and choose one person to give the attached membership endorsement form to complete and return to Gamma Alpha Chapter.
4. The endorsement reference must be a current Gamma Alpha Chapter member. Choose your endorsement person carefully, as they should be able to respond in detail to the majority of areas listed on your application form.
5. Submit the completed application
Gamma Alpha Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International
Loma Linda University School of Nursing
To: 2nd Faculty Councilor, Gamma Alpha Chapter, LLUSN
The Eligibility Committee will review your application and references, and will notify you of the Chapter’s decision regarding your acceptance of membership. Notification generally is received within 1-2 months of receipt of completed application.
The annual induction ceremony occurs at teh end of the Spring quarter at the School of Nursing Loma Linda University, however, inductions can be conducted at any meeting of the meeting. Applications can be submitted at any time. However, if you wish to be inducted in the Spring, please submit your application by May 1.
If your application is approved for membership, you will be instructed to complete your application online through Sigma Theta Tau International System. An induction fee of $68 plus membership fee of $89.00 is due by check/debit/cedit card. (The annual membership fee of $89.00 is distributed: $65.00 for the international organization, and $24.00 for the local chapter). All fees are due before the induction ceremony
All inductees are expected to attend the ceremonies.
Thank you for your interest in the Gamma Alpha Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International.
Nurse Leader Application (Word .doc)
Nurse Leader Application (Adobe .pdf)