- Distinction in scholarship in Physiological Genomics for the article "Conditional disruption of miR17-92 cluster in collagen type-I producing osteoblasts results in reduced periosteal bone formation and bone anabolic response to exercise (March 2015).
- Distinguished oral presentation at 34th ASBMR annual meeting held at Baltimore, USA for the paper entitled " conditional disruption of the miR17-92 cluster in osteoblasts impairs skeletal growth and periosteal response to mechanical loading (2013).
- Plenary Poster at 34th ASBMR annual meeting held at Baltimore, USA for the paper entitled " IGF-I - estrogen cross talk is essential for cortical bone response to mechanical loading in mice (2013).
- Tata Junior Research Fellowship Award, Lady Tata Memorial Trust Bombay, India (Aug 1999 - Aug 2001).
- Project Fellow Award, University Grant Commission, Dept. of Genetics, Dr. ALM PG Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Madras, India (1998).