2/2008 - 12/2012
RXPC 762 Pharmaceutical Care Lab II (1 hour)
- Ethical Considerations in Pharmacy Practice
9/2007 - 12/2011
RXPC 561 Pharmaceutical Care Lecture I (4 hours)
- Principles of Interpersonal Communication, Patient-Centered Communication, Perception in Professional Communication.
- Ensuring Better Patient Outcomes through Motivational Interview and Conflict Management.
- Ethical Principles of Communication for Health Care Professionals.
- Book review of the Alchemist and reflection of personal goals and motivation. This writing assignment is designed to develop writing skills and facilitate engagement with the goals and motivations of others. Course requirement since 2004.
- Student utilization of published pharmacy training skits in class for conflict management and assertiveness training.
9/2007 - 12/2008
RXSA 545 Public Health & Lifestyles (5 hours)
- Tobacco dependence treatment patient counseling skills provided
- The Rx for Change tobacco dependence treatment curriculum was utilized in counseling technique lectures while the coordination of case scenarios utilized case videos and trigger tapes.