HPRO Department Vision
elping students succeedP
romoting positive behaviorsR
esearch par excellenceO
utreach to communities
Our vision is to:
- Ensure that all students come to a nurturing learning environment, achieve excellence in their educational, lifestyle, and professional pursuits, and leave with a rich heritage to build on
- Reflect and model the principles of health to one another and to our students.
- Reach out to communities globally for community connectedness
- Use the resource of technology to provide education including continuing education
- Value fiscal integrity and accountability of programs
The goals of the Department of Health Promotion and Education are to:
- Promote the academic preparation of public health professionals.
- Provide course work for students desiring credentialing in selected areas.
- Provide health-education consultation services in needs assessment, community- organization program planning and implementation, health counseling, evaluation, and research to public and private health agencies, including the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Independently or in collaboration with other faculty, departments, and organizations, develop and conduct research that addresses health-education, health-behavior, and disease-prevention issues and needs.