Mission, Vision, Values, & Goals
To bring hope, health, and healing to communities throughout the world through the discovery and dissemination of knowledge while integrating the Christian values of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Preparing ourselves and others to maximize personal and community wellness through excellence in faith-based public health education and practice.
- Diversity - to humbly learn from all people, while embracing and celebrating their healthy beliefs and practices.
- Wholeness - to support the process of integrating spirituality with physical, social, emotional, intellectual, and character development.
- Engagement - to be active contributors and participants in our profession, as educators and learners, respectively.
The goals of the School of Public Health are to:
- 1. Constantly improve the quality of instruction in support of exceptional educational value.
- 2. Develop reciprocal and sustainable community-academic partnerships that lead to research, practice, and teaching that are responsive to society's needs.
- 3A. Enhance the School's visibility in support of efforts to maximize enrollment.
- 3B. Enhance the School's visibility in public health issues.
- 4. Enhance the School's operating resources through increased external (non-tuition) sources.
- 5. Strengthen infrastructure supporting excellence in grant writing.
- 6. Recruit and retain a student body which reflects the diversity of the population we serve.