I. Search Feature added to the Research Affairs website
Research Affairs is very excited to announce that long awaited and anticipated search feature of our website is live. The search feature can be found in the right side of the maroon navigation bar. The search engine uses a technology that will allow it to be ‘trained’ it so it will get better all the time. Questions or comments? Please send an email to email@example.com.
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) published a major revision and consolidation of circulars used to provide guidance related to the administrative, cost principles and audit requirements of federal awards.
The reform was initiated to increase government transparency and efficiency. The OMB also believes the revised guidance will decrease waste, fraud, and abuse and reduce administrative burden on non-Federal entities receiving Federal awards.
The guidance was published December 26, 2013, however it will not become effective for another year.
NIH has released the stipend, tuition/fees and other budgetary levels effective for Fiscal Year 2014. Details can be found in Notice NOT-OD-14-046
As a reminder, legislative mandates that in effect for NIH funding for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2014 are listed below.
FY 2013 Legislative Mandates that remain in effect are as follows:
- (1) Salary Limitation (Section 203)
- (2) Gun Control (Section 217)
- (3) Anti-Lobbying (Section 503)
- (4) Acknowledgment of Federal Funding (Section 505)
- (5) Restriction on Abortions (Section 506)
- (6) Exceptions to Restriction on Abortions (Section 507)
- (7) Ban on Funding Human Embryo Research (Section 508)
- (8) Limitation on Use of Funds for Promotion of Legalization of Controlled Substances (Section 509)
- (9) Dissemination of False or Misleading Information (Section (515(b))
- (10) Certification of Filing and Payment of Taxes (Section 518)
- (11) Restriction on Distribution of Sterile Needles (Section 522)
- (12) Public Access to Scholarly Publications (Section 527)
More information can be found in Notice NOT-OD-14-053.
The NIH Fiscal Policy for grant Awards Includes FY2014 funding levels for non-competing continuations, Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards, New Investigators, and Salary Limits. More information can be found in Notice NOT-OD-14-055.