Loma Linda University Health Social Media Policies
Loma Linda University Adventist Health Sciences Center (LLUAHSC) / Loma Linda University Health (LLUH) Social Media Policy (PDF)
In general, LLUH does not post promotional content on social media for other organizations or outside events. The Trading Post is the best place for those types of advertisements. In order to have an announcement posted on an LLUH social media channel, it should be relevant to the organization as a whole, or at least the majority of the organization (not just a small or isolated group), relevant to many of LLUH’s constituents (Inland Empire residents, Seventh-day Adventists, alumni, patients, employees), and must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- LLUH is hosting or sponsoring the event, topic, or idea.
- The event, topic, or idea has the potential for great positive impact on the organization or its constituents.
- The post directly supports the missions, values, and goals of LLUH
To request a posting on social media, please contact the social media coordinator. Depending upon the content and circumstances, the social media coordinator may require additional approval from your VP or dean and the AVP for Public Affairs.
Guidelines for Community Managers
Please Do . . .
- Have at least two employees (not students, volunteers, interns, etc.) with administrator access to each social media account. The Social Media Coordinator in the Web Center must have administrator access as well.
- Respond to questions or comments as needed in a timely manner (usually within one business day).
- Act responsibly and ethically, only posting content that is current and accurate.
- Add value with your posts. Provide worthy and relevant information.
- Be upfront with your mistakes. Be the first to address it and take action to fix it. When you do fix it, let readers know you’ve made changes.
- Check with the Social Media Coordinator before promoting non-LLUH events on an LLUH page.
Please Don’t . . .
- Post non-spiritual content during the Sabbath hours (sundown Friday to sundown Saturday). The Sabbath is not the time to be promoting our events, services, or programs.
- Post the same thing multiple times. If it’s a news story, just post a link to the story once to the most prominent source.
- Friend patients, unless the relationship pre-dates treatment
- Post about or allude to drinking alcoholic beverages, illicit drug use, sexual activities, etc. Err on the conservative side.
Finally . . .
- When in doubt, don’t post it.