Family Life and Adventist Values Research Initiative
Primary goal: To encourage the initiation of new research on the relationship between spiritual values and healthy families, including healthy parenting and relationship skills.
The Family Life and Adventist Values Research Initiative is designed to foster research that will contribute to understanding the connection between spiritual values and the wholeness of Adventist families, with special attention to the spiritual needs of young people. Priority will be given to research that seeks to evaluate outcomes of interventions intended to make a positive difference in family life. The goal is to develop a clearer understanding of the challenges faced by today's families and better information about the kinds of interventions, including educational programs, which might be most helpful.
Amount of awards
Grants will typically range from $2000 to $10,000, with the goal being to "seed" new research. The maximum possible grant is $25,000.
- Application deadline: May 31, 2005
- Announcement of awards: August 30, 2005
- Funding of grants: September 30, 2005 [Note: Before funding, there must be final approval of the investigator's Institutional Review Board.]
- Interim reports from investigators: September 2006
- Final reports from investigators: September 2007
- Presentation of results: February 2008
Criteria for grant applications
- Research focuses on relationship between spiritual values and the well-being of families
- Investigators show evidence of their competence to conduct the research
- Approval of the administration of the investigator's institution
- Funding is subject to final approval of the investigator's Institutional Review Board
- Priority given to projects that evaluate outcomes of interventions designed to strengthen families
- Priority given to projects that focus on the needs of children and youth, especially those at risk
- Priority given to projects that show promise of securing external funding in the future
- Investigator agrees to present or publish results within one year of completion of the research
- Investigator agrees to present results at national conference currently scheduled for February, 2008 at Loma Linda University
- Investigator agrees to provide a copy of all data to Loma Linda University's Center for Spiritual Life and Wholeness
- Investigator agrees to acknowledge the financial support of the grant in publications and presentations in which research results are presented
In order to obtain an application form, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information please contact:
Gerald Winslow, PhD
Vice President for Spiritual Life
Center for Spiritual Life and Wholeness
11121R Coleman Pavilion
Loma Linda, CA 92350